We are looking for a Java Developer. This is a full time permanent hire position in Cary, North Carolina with our client. In this role as a Java Developer, you will be working within agile development environments using your Java programming skills to deliver scalable service based products/platforms that solve complex customer problems.
Responsibilities as Java Developer:
- Design, develop and maintain well defined APIs that meet client's needs
- Work as part of a scrum team to develop new features for patients and practices
- Work with Product Management and an Experience Design team to develop solutions that delight our customers
- Identify and drive improvements to our software and development processes
- Design and implement highly scalable and maintainable solutions
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Create and utilize automated unit tests to ensure quality of code
- Drive consistency in the approach to the team’s software development
Required Skills for Java Developer:
- 4+ years of experience developing robust Java applications with high availability, performance and scalability requirements in an Agile environment.
- Proficient with Java in a SaaS based environment.
- Proficient with JEE or Spring frameworks
- Proficient in developing services using REST with JSON.
- Experience developing micro services highly desired
- Experience in database development using SQL/NoSQL
- Experience with ORM technologies such as Hibernate, JPA, or JDBC Template
- Experience with JBOSS, WildFly or other Java application servers
- Ability to diagnose and resolve issues in complex environments.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with MongoDB a plus
- Experience with Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, Kafka, ElasticSearch a plus
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Service) a plus
- Experience with Healthcare IT a plus