Tetra Tech AMT is looking for a Java Developer to provide IT application programming support for OTSP Division.
The position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the US. Project hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm EST.
Contractor personnel will work in an Agile software development environment to modernize legacy applications to Angular JS. Contractor staff shall possess the ability to work as an integral part of an Agile team to deliver high quality products and services. Participate in the development, modernization, and enhancement of the BLS Systems. This will require a good understanding of the application’s user stories, writing high quality and reusable codes to implement user stories, and thorough unit testing of the user stories.
The BLS team works directly with the client on integrated teams involving Tetra Tech employees, other contractors, and government staff. So, a successful candidate must possess the following:
- Willing and able to proactively communicate with client and fellow team members
- Willing and able to work independently and proactively solicit feedback and support from team members as needed
- Must be a team player able to support any aspect of the project as needed to ensure project success
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop using Java JEE
- Ability to work with SQL/Oracle DB
- Ability to code UI
- Work as part of a team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet user story acceptance criteria
- Debug, test, and fix errors
- Create test transactions and run unit tests, and integration tests
- Participate on a team of full stack engineers and automation testers
- Conduct design, code review, security vulnerability tests, and code performance tests to ensure compliance with standards
- Manage technical debt, team work prioritization through the sprints and releases
- Estimate level of effort to design and develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior developers
The successful candidate will have:
- 7+ years overall software development experience.
- 3+ years of software programming experience – Angular JS or Java, Spring Framework, Spring MVC, RESTful web services, Spring Data, Hibernate / MyBatis, JPA, Eclipse IDE / WebStorm IDE.
- 1+ years of experience on databases and related tools – SQL, PL-SQL, Oracle, SQL Developer
- Hands on experience on using and configuration of any of the following web application servers – Jboss, Weblogic.
- Knowledge of 508 compliant software application is desirable.
- Knowledge of software testing and debugging is desirable.
- Ability to work on agile based software development environment.
Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, personal appearance, family responsibility, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.