*This is a long-term (active through 2024) Full-Time position for a mission critical division within US Bureau of Census.*
UDYOGA LLC (DBA ANSHULTECH) offers competitive benefits package - Health Insurance, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), Retirement contribution, etc.
VISA Status: US Citizenship; Greencard; Greencard EAD; H1B; NO F1 OPTs
US Bureau of Census or any other Federal Agencies experience preferred.
Job Title: Java Developer
Location: US Census Bureau, 4600 Silver Hill Rd, Suitland, MD 20746 (prefer applicants from Washington DC Metro Area)
Work as part of a cross-functional team of Oracle DBAs, Software Developers, System Testers and Windows/UNIX Systems Administrators, perform support planning; software development, integration, and testing; systems maintenance; of IT services for the U.S. Census Bureau Decennial Information Technology Division (DITD).
- Support requirements gathering and provide recommendations to any changes to the DITD software architecture and high-level design
- Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
- Develop Java EE applications
- Define and document new internal and external software interfaces
- Perform detailed design, code development, unit test, and systems integration for new and modified code
- Support system testing of internal structures or workings of applications to locate design flaws or deficiencies
- Participate in code and peer reviews as well as formal walk-throughs
- Support the development of specifications and technical documentation
- Support the development, testing, and reviews of software programs based on industry prevailing technologies and languages
- Bachelors’ degree from a 4-year college or an equivalent from a technical school
- US Citizen able to pass a Government Background Check
- Over Eight (8) years of experience of software development in Java
- Work experience as a Senior Java Developer or similar role
- Strong experience in building Java /J2EE /Enterprise Java solutions, using frameworks such as JSF, ADF spring Boot and Hibernate
- Strong experience in writing JSP and Servlets to add functionality to web application based on customer requirements
- Experience in creating and executing test cases in UJnit for unit testing of the application.
- Strong experience in developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services
- Strong experience with front-end technologies such as Facelets, Primeface etc. that help achieve responsive design, and cross browser development
- Experience in using Oracle SQL queries and database design
- Experience in using IDE such as Eclipse/JDeveloper
- Experience in using application servers such as Web Logic / Apache Tomcat
- Experience in using version controls such as SVN/Git
- Experience in using building tools such as Maven
- Knowledge of HTML coding and techniques.
- Strong experience in API/Back end coding in Oracle PL/SQL and in one or more languages, e.g. Java, Python
- Proven IT experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (Application Software Design, Development, Testing and Implementation)
- Strong experience hands-on application design, code, unit test, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of building Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum Experience with SQL based tools such as Toad