VECTOR TALENT RESOURCES JOB OPENING
Title: Java Developer
Job #: 18—19-34958
Pay Rate: 1099 or C2C 85/hour or 80.00 per hour W2
Work Permit: Work Permit must be Green Card or US Citizen.
Start Date: March 2019
Position Type: Contractor Long Term.
Location: Rockville, MD
Parking: Free at the Building
Attire: Business Casual
Hours: Monday – Friday – standard business hours.
Overview: Vector's is seeking a Java/J2EE Developer to join their development team for a long-term contract we have with a client in Rockville, MD.
- Propose and design software solutions while working with multiple IT and business teams
- Develop code using industry best practices for maintenance of external/internal web site(s), the web-based system(s).
- Test web applications in multi-platform, cross-browser development.
- Work with the QA team, review the test plans and ensure the application is tested for changes accurately.
- Optimize server components for maximum speed and scalability
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team on a variety of projects and extend functionality within current web-based applications.
- Participate in requirements, design, and code reviews
Skill set required:
- Must have 7+ plus years of relevant experience- it is required.
- Software Engineer with solid Java and web service development experience
- Proficient in RESTful Web Services, WSDL and related technologies like SOAP, XML, JSON, etc.
- Knowledge of Angular or ReactJS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of distributed enterprise architecture.
- Strong understanding of git, gitlab, jira, confluence, swagger (api documentation).
- Proficient in translating requirements into design and developing applications
- Proficient in various J2EE technologies, relational database principles, client/server infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer science or related field and 7+ plus years of relevant experience is required.