Yum Brands has an opportunity for a Java Developer who will be responsible for supporting the existing Web COE application portfolio. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to significant projects that have a direct impact on our business. A successful candidate will play a significant role in defining the way forward for this team. The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills, demonstrated interpersonal, organization abilities and work well with others across the organization. You should be comfortable taking on a high level of accountability and not be afraid to think outside of the box to help set a vision for the team. You must be able to excel in a varied, fast paced environment.
• Strong understanding of Java/JEE Application Development
• Experience in development using IBM WebSphere Portal Server (WPS) and/or IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
• Experience with JSR 168/JSR 286 Portlet development
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and experience developing and consuming Web Services technologies (SOAP, REST)
• Understanding of OOP/D and SOLID
• Experience using relational databases (DB2, SQLServer, etc.)
• Rational Application Developer, Eclipse, JDeveloper or equivalent IDE
• Strong analytic skills
• Avid learner of technology
• Ability to work with limited supervision and with team.
• Work with other IT teams to support Web COE application portfolio.
• Experience working with offshore development teams a plus.
• Provide technical documentation as needed for new and existing applications.
Minimum Requirements :
· Bachelor’s degree / Computer Science
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
• 2-3 years of experience
• Good project management, communications, and customer service skills.
• General knowledge of Java, .Net, other web related technologies
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 44,000 restaurants in more than 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. In 2017, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine. The company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican style food categories. Worldwide, the Yum! Brands system opens over six new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in global retail development.
Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, Yum! Brands has become a truly global company going from approximately 20 percent of profits coming from outside the U.S. to approximately 50 percent in 2016. We’re proud to be the worldwide leader in emerging markets with over 17,000 restaurants, nearly twice as many as the nearest competition. With less than 3 restaurants per million people in the top 10 emerging markets, compared to approximately 57 restaurants per million in the U.S., we are on the ground floor of global growth.
Our mission is to build the world’s most loved, trusted and fastest growing restaurant brands. We are evolving KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell into iconic, distinctive and relevant global brands.
Importantly, we’re extremely proud of our 1.5 million employees around the globe and the unique culture we’ve built, one that’s filled with energy, opportunity, and fun. We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background. Yum! Brands is great place to be yourself, grow and make a difference.