e&e is seeking a Java Developer for a contract opportunity in Harrisburg, PA. The selected candidate will be responsible for using approved programming languages, operating systems and source code to create, enhance, and maintain application solutions that meet the identified functional and non-functional business requirements. Mapped to project teams in Grow/ Transform, Run/ Production Support, and Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS), this role will code, analyze, document, configure, unit test, maintain and support applications. The qualified candidate MUST be a and successfully pass a federal background investigation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by Requirements Analysts and Application Integration Architect.
- Develop and execute unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality.
- Perform testing of application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy.
- Perform coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes.
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical solutions.
- Lead and/or provide assistance with presentations in code reviews.
- Participate in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts.
- Perform documentation of all code changes.
- Support Senior Developers in compiling detailed activity task management including recording work effort and providing estimates of time to complete tasks.
- Support Senior Developers in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments.
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined.
- Follow code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices
- Assist in identification and evaluation of risks; participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Provide on-call support in support of systems and applications in production.
- Perform production support activities including incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades and patches.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (5%):
- Remain current on industry specific technologies and emerging trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/MIS, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of programing experience OR the equivalent combination of skills, experience, and certification with experience.
- Experience with programming languages.
- Experience with Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Representational State Transfer (REST), Application Programming Interface (API) Management, and Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Understanding of system behaviors and functionality.
- Experience designing, building and supporting high-performing Java EE applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing mainframe applications.
- Experience with implementing Web Services.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with relational and Not Only SQL (NOSQL) databases.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting tight timelines.
- Ability to solve problem of the most complex technical nature.
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor others.
- Ability to promote and support a consistent, professional, customer focus.
- Ability to withstand a moderate amount of stress.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to synthesize and apply disparate pieces of information.
- Ability to assess and identify dependencies and actions needed to successfully perform work as assigned.
- Ability to stay current with new and emerging application development tools and languages.
- Java/Java EE
- Spring Framework
- Model View Controller (MVC) Framework(s)
- Distributed Java technologies like Message-Driven Bean (MDB) and Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)
- Eclipse and Eclipse based tools, such as Rational Software Architect (RSA)
- Apache Maven
- Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)