CGI is looking for a Java Develop with Hadoop or Big Data experience to join our team in Reston, VA Your future duties and responsibilities
Working on a team of developers in a large enterprise environment.
Will be interacting with other developers and leads to develop and deliver cloud services
This is a fast paced environment so each candidate needs to have excellent communication skills to interact with teams and a proven ability to meet time sensitive deliverables. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 4+ years experiences as a developer or software engineer
- Expert in Java, Java script, or Python programming languages
- Experiences in SQL development such as stored procedures and packages.
- Hands on development experience using Hadoop or Big Data
- Strong shell scripting skill such as Korn shell
- Experience in working in Operations environment in a large enterprise.
- Experience in DevOps tools, agile principles, SDLC and automation
- Analytical/Problem solving ability - ability to quickly evaluate an issue, resolve it or implement a workaround with consistent accuracy and success.
- Take ownership and act with high Sense of Urgency - this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur, self motivated and self starter.
- AWS development experience using Lambda, EMR, Hive, or other similar big data framework.
- Hands on software development using AWS Postgres RDS, Redshift, Glue, JSON
- AWS certified developer - associate or professional Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Analytical Thinking
* Shell Script