As a Software Development Engineer II, beyond the usual responsibility of designing, developing, documenting, and thoroughly testing your code, you will own one or more components and/or services of the back-end (payment web services) or the front-end (admin web UI). You will get to build your own automation and reporting tools to provide capabilities around the components / applications you own and will participate to troubleshooting Production issues. You will make the right judgment calls to deliver features in time, with the highest possible level of quality, in the best interest of the customer. You will get to expand your skills in building distributed, resilient solutions while influencing others and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team.
You will join a very experienced, successful, and high-performing team and will have a unique opportunity to grow to the next level as an SDE. You will continue to expand your skills in the domain of high quality, distributed and scalable software as well as contribute to improve best practices and constantly raise the bar in terms of Engineering Excellence.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 4+ years Software Development work experience using OO languages (Java experience strongly preferred)
- 2+ years creating and supporting Web Services in a high transactional environment
- First class communication skills in written and verbal form
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to produce across your team and beyond
- Rock solid coding skills
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
- Track record of building your own automation and reporting tools to provide capabilities around your service
- Ability to perform and influence code reviews as well as technical design meetings
- Track record of successfully delivering high quality, distributed services with large transaction volume on a 24x7 operational cycle
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
- Experience interviewing and mentoring Software Engineers
- Knowledge of performance testing, application tuning and load testing
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior experience with e-Commerce systems, Payments Solutions and Providers is a big plus.
- Experience developing fault tolerant distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Background in Service Oriented Architecture implementation, service versioning, and backward compatibility
510 585 1527
4637 Chabot Dr., Pleasanton, CA 94588
BayOne Awarded Inc.5000 2017 & 2018
BayOne Awarded SFBT Fast100 Award 2016, 2017 & 2018
4637 Chabot Dr. Suite 250 Pleasanton, CA, 94588Contact