Java Distributed Application Developer Greenfield Software as a Service (200K+)
Java / Scala developer is needed to join this entrepreneurial tech team in building out a large scale, distributed, revolutionary SaaS human analytics platform. The team is using open source, NLP, Machine Learning and other cutting-edge technologies to gather, analyze and distribute large data sets to drive learning and career development in the workplace. As a Senior Developer on the team, you will utilize Java and Scala in an AWS/ cloud environment for full SDLC of greenfield applications.
- Design, develop and deploy Java / Scala based applications and features
- Build applications and RESTful APIs with usability, scale and security in mind
- Work in a large scale, distributed environment and design applications to gather and process data from numerous sources
- Face off with users, stakeholders and other engineers to constantly improve application design
- 3+ year s production level development experience utilizing Java and Scala
- Knowledge of low level Java fundamentals - JVM experience, caching, multithreading
- Experience with data messaging, persistence, and caching using Kafka, Spark, SQL, Ignite, ElasticCache, PrestoDB
- Exposure to or interest in Spark, AWS, Machine Learning, Natural Language processing
- Web development experience including HTTP, WebSockets, REST
- Experience with design patterns, microservices, event sourcing reactivity, streaming, etc.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science preferred, Computer Science related required