LOOKING FOR Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.S ONLY
What You'll Do
As a member of the WebEx Meetings Cloud Service organization, you will collaborate with the Software Product Development team to develop automation software and management tools that enable for the deployment automation, configuration, scaling, high availability and production readiness of our Cloud infrastructure across multiple data centers and cloud platforms.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Design, code, test and deploy Cisco cloud infrastructure services and nodes used to support the development and operations of our cutting edge Cisco WebEx Meetings micro-services by product development meetings using Python, Java, Puppet, Ansible and Docker containers.
- Performance and scale engineering of Postgres including high availability and multi-site replication.
- Implement automation to perform the day to day systems operations functions of the cloud collaboration platform using open source configuration tools such asTerraform, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Consul, Nomad, Kubernetes and CICD tools such Jenkins and Github.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the cloud collaboration platform; implement long term fixes and automation to avoid repeat failures in the future.
- Participate in on-call rotations with platform team for platform related services.
Who You’ll Work For
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $1B business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!
The CCTG Platform & Automation team is a growing distributed dynamic group of Engineers that is developing the next generation of cloud-based collaboration and mobile applications for Cisco. With a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry.
Who Are You
You are a Senior Engineer passionate about DevOps and creating deployment automation that enable for the automated configuration, management and scalability of Cloud microservices and infrastructure processes.
The minimum requirements for this role are as follows;
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus 5 years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 3 years of previous experience as a DevOps Engineer, Cloud Operations, SRE, Services Engineer, Systems Engineer of Software Engineer interested in creating automation software to automate systems processes.
- Previous experience with database (Oracle, NoSQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Hadoop) clustering across data centers
- Experience with open source technologies such as Terraform, Nomad, Consul, Docker, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, and RabbitMQ
- Experience in one or more development languages of Python, Ruby, Java, or Go
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Oral and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with groups of people when needed
- Cloud enabling technology (using IaaS and PaaS) AWS experience required
- Must have previous experience developing or implementing configuration management with either Puppet or Ansible.
925 475 9970