Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? As a Capital One Software or Data Engineer, you'll work on everything from
customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems. We experiment and innovate leveraging
technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, Chef, Maven, iOS, Swift, Android, and AWS, to name a few. We engineer breakthrough customer
experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking.
At Capital One, were building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our
customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because
they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each
other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve
their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Java Engineer (Full-Stack Software Development)
Full-Stack Java Developer
Capital One Plano campus sits in the middle of the tech hub that Plano, TX has become. With industry-leading technology and innovations, world class benefits, exponential career growth, leadership
and servitude across the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and surrounding communities, we are continuing to grow as we serve a variety of domains within the financial services industry. Were looking for
passionate technologists in the world of Software Development across Financial Services Technology groups #FStech in: Capital One Auto Finance, Dealer Services, Customer Integration, Platform
Services, Loan Origination, and more!
The Tech Stack:
Java / J2EE, Spring Boot, Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack (EC2, S3, ECS, and RDS to name a few), React.JS, AngularJS or Angular 2.x +, Containerization with Docker, CICD, Kafka, Node.js,
Python, Scala, GoLang, and much more!
Capital One is looking for a Full-Stack Java Developer, who will bring a passion and a strong sense of ownership in full lifecycle software development in a cloud environment.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- are self-motivated
- bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering
- drive design, implementation, testing, and release in an agile environment, using modern methodologies and open source tools
- are a developer at-the-core, but you have a great understanding of best practices and a variety of architectural standards
- lead and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, whether its for a complex new feature or a simple bug fix
- build a complete application from the database development to the front-end / UI with nothing more than a conceptual understanding, and visual designs, as needed.
- constantly learn and grow your skills.
- work well and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
If were talking to you, please continue reading and apply today!
- work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- bring your passion and expertise in best practices of web application architecture, with a focus on the extensibility of a growing front-end codebase
- encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- own and perform application testing, validation, and documentation.
- document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- serve as an expert and knowledge source for the escalation of complex application design and development issues.
- present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- identify opportunities for improvement
- At least 5 years of experience full-stack software development (SDLC)
- At least 3 years experience with Java / J2EE development
- At least 2 years experience with core Spring framework
- At least 4 years experience creating REST / RESTful webservices and APIs
- At least 1 year of experience in hands-on Microservices architecture
- At least 2 years experience with AngularJS or Angular (2.x, 4.x, 5.x, or 6.x)
- At least 2 years of AWS cloud development experience
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- 5+ years experience with full-stack Java / J2EE development in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years experience with Java 1.5 +
- 1+ year of experience of hands-on Spring Boot development
- 1+ year of experience with TypeScript development (Angular 2.x, 4.x, 5.x, or 6.x)
- 4+ years experience development with AWS stack including at least 1 of the following: EC2, S3, RDS, ECS
- At least 2 years experience developing in Agile / Scrum methodology
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, or other)
7933 Preston Rd.
Plano, TX 75024
Target Compensation: $100,000 base salary (varies based on qualifications and applicable experience) in addition to world class benefits!
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity,
protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified
applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York
Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York Citys Fair Chance Act; Philadelphias Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-
9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One
Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).