We are looking for an experienced and talented Java Developer to join the Alerting team on the industry-leading active trading platform thinkorswim. In this position, you will work closely with other development teams to deliver real-time market alerts via SMS, email, and Push Notifications to millions of mobile devices, browsers, tablets, and PCs.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills who can contribute in a highly distributed, collaborative team environment. What you are good at
What you have
- High-complexity product design exercises which require extensive research and analysis.
- System design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Making design choices to be used by the development teams.
- Complex programming tasks and review of development tasks and documentation.
- Technical problem analysis and solutioning.
- Working with Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure teams on strategic designs and initiatives.
- Leading the troubleshooting of complex problems in development and production environments.
- Acting as a mentor to junior developers on your team.
- 5+ years of Java, J2EE, or similar Object-Oriented programming language
- 5+ years with OOA/OOD, distributed systems/software, real time processing, relational database systems & messaging systems preferred
- Experience with concurrency & multi-threading preferred
- Experience with scaling, Java Garbage Collection, and performance tuning preferred
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns (GoF)
- Experience with agile, test-driven development
- Experience with application development frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, JSF or similar frameworks
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
- Experience with build, deploy and test automation tools like Ant, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, Junit, TestNG, JaCoCo or similar tools
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Experience in developing APIs and Frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
Why work for us?
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Self-starter: takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.