At Schwab, we seek to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We craft innovative investing solutions for the consumer on Main Street and take pride in our consumer-focused culture of quality and excellence. Schwab is in an exciting stage of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platforms to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software engineers are hands-on developers who excel in a dynamic, fast paced, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. Sound like a team you'd like to join? We'd love to hear from you! We have opportunities for full stack, front-end-focused, and back-end focused engineers. Regardless of your interests, as an employee at Schwab we're happy to provide you with attractive benefits and professional growth opportunities. Workplace Flexibility Program:
We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good at
What you have
- Deliver new concepts and features, working alongside development peers in an agile environment
- Collaborate with peers and partners on a Scrum team to deliver software release sprints on time with a focus on quality
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks including test driven development to achieve the highest quality in software delivery
- Technical skills:
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Engineering OR related degree and/or practical experience
- Professional level Java web and service development skills, typically built through 1-3 years of applicable experience developing in Java/Spring.
- Experience participating as a member of a scrum team in an agile environment
- Ability to seek environmental issues
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Ability to engage in synergetic application and platform architecture design sessions
- Ability to optimally communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Enthusiastic relationship builder: ability to partner multi-functionally and work efficiently with different levels and functions within an organization
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
Why work for us?
- Experience with frameworks such as Java, Java Core, Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NoSQL databases, MongoDB and/or SQL is preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of Web Content Management Systems
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.