A Kforce client is seeking to hire a Java Engineer in Sunrise, Florida (FL).
* Taking your place as a core member of an agile team that designs and develops enterprise class software applications
* Java Engineer will write clean and concise code that is well-tested, easy to maintain, and consistent with existing patterns in our codebase
* Translate user stories and business designs into functioning applications
* Developing and integrating Rest APIs between back-end systems to support a high-volume web application
* Java Engineer is collaborating with product owners, delivery managers, and other developers to deliver a quality product
* Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production
* Java Engineer works on actively pair-programming with teammates for collective code ownership
* Strong experience with Java and building Rest APIs; Experience with Spring Boot preferred, but not mandatory
* Experience working with Relational Databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server
* Experience with test automation, performance testing, and working with QA engineers to resolve defects
* Experience with micro-services and associated design/architecture
* Experience in Agile development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
* Experience in building component-based applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as React, Vue, or Angular; React/Redux experience is a bonus
* Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
* Design and development experience within a cloud-native environment
* Working in SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) within a large heavily matrixed organization
* Strong sense of ownership and a big proponent of DevOps culture
* Willingness to learn new technologies, innovate, and mentor junior engineers
* Ability to work independently and lead smaller initiatives with minimal direction
* Ability to understand and apply best practices for design of application components
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.