Position: Java Engineer
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Smithfield, RI
- Bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another technical field
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages, frameworks, operating systems, and platforms
- Full-Stack development experience (front-end, middle-tier & database)
- Java programming experience
- Experience with Spring Boot, Restful APIs, and event-driven architecture is very desirable
- Experience with NodeJS is desirable
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Able to take a concept and turn it into a finished product
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt diverse technologies
- Ability to think strategically: creative thinker. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Hands on work style: Dynamic can-do attitude, proactive and curious in nature.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Purpose of Role
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for working closely with the Technical Lead to architect, design and build pilots and new products. Candidates must be comfortable working with a small team of developers in a fast paced and highly ambiguous environment working with emerging technologies, high risks and uncertainty.
- Strong software programming skills
- Proven track record designing and building complex end-to-end systems (full stack developer)
- Willingness to understand and pick up something new on a continual basis
- Communication, teamwork and empathy skills to co-develop in multi-disciplined team
- Experience with databases, SQL and Excel for data extraction and analysis
- Strong Object-Oriented skills and experience with UML
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments, applications and tools
- Experience and knowledge of Agile/iterative software delivery methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly convey information to a broad array of technical and non-technical audiences
- Motivated, self-directed, results oriented