What does a great Java Enterprise IT Architect do?
First Data is looking for Java Enterprise IT Architect to collaborate with the business and product owners, clients and your peers to execute on a broad range of projects mainly in JAVA & J2EE.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
- Consults with Senior IT management on the design of moderately complex systems and projects. May consult with leadership on emerging technologies. Supports existing business systems applications.
- Leads the design of complex solutions and projects with high emphasis on quality, simplicity and performance. Leads such solution designs with (internal to) FDC as well as (external) clients' and partners' Software Architecture, Engineering and Product teams.
- Collaborates effectively with Product and Application Development Leadership, especially when new integrations are deemed necessary. Collaborates with project leads to slice projects into optimal work packages and track the same.
- Ensures adherence to established standards. Understands and designs for reuse every step of the way. Stays active and current in business technology trends, direction and innovation related to digital commerce and provides 'thought leadership' for the organization.
- Consults with Senior Leadership in Application Development on emerging technologies. Creates / maintains demo environments of solution integrations.
- May be responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
Works on complex systems and project issues with senior IT management. Demonstrates strong leadership with senior management. Coaches and leads other IT managers and business managers.
Works on complex systems and project issues with senior IT management.
Demonstrates strong leadership with senior management. Coaches and leads other IT managers and business managers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 10+ yrs. of related IT experience. Bachelor's Degree at College of Engineering and Technology or equivalent work experience. Expert with multiple software languages and tools. Expert in emerging technologies.
- Possesses broad based and in-depth knowledge of complex technologies, tools, methodologies, the enterprise and industry. Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects.
- 10+ yrs. of related IT experience. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Broad-based and in-depth knowledge of complex technologies, tools and methodologies (Java EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, API First design and gateways).
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and application such knowledge in meeting the needs of critical projects. Good understanding of software design and development practices.
- Hands-on experience with emerging technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong problem solving, analytical and programming skills. Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and multitask effectively. Strongly preferred: Experience in Cloud-based deployment platforms as well as in the online payment or loyalty processing domains.
- Extensive understanding of Continuous Delivery pipeline and DevOps culture (SDLC, CI/CD, Monitoring). Experience integrating with 'legacy' applications and non-HTTPS-based communication protocols and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in US without any visa restrictions. Must have hands-on Java/J2EE skills. This is not an entry-level position.Preferred Qualifications for Consideration
Who We Are:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
uCom enables innovative commerce options while providing retailers/restaurants with a secure digital experience for their customers. Not just a mobile payments solution, uCom provides consumers with a seamless experience throughout a full transaction from any purchasing channel -in store, online, mobile, connected car or IOT. It's this seamless experience -combining shopping, payment, marketing, loyalty, and money management that consumers desire. This solution speeds the payment process, while providing value added services, which can yield additional revenue flows and streamline operational efficiency for clients.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.