Job Title: Java Cloud Engineer- Java & ====P
Location: St Louis, MO
Duration: Long term
Client is looking for Senior Java Cloud Engineer to build end to end business solutions and to work with one of the leading financial services organization in the US. The ideal candidate must possess strong background of Java & ====P/Cloud/ - Experience in developing cloud-native applications, with strong knowledge and experience in backend development technologies and strong in database queries, optimization and troubleshooting. As a Java Cloud Engineerin this position you will develop applications for the migration of transactional database systems such as Oracle and MS SQL Server to Google Cloud Platform.
The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with domain experts and technical experts in the team. The candidate must have experience in analysis, design, development, maintenance and support activities.
- Maintain active relationships with Product Owner, Architects and Business Users to understand business requirements, lead requirement gathering meetings and review designs with the product owner and business owners.
- Be Responsible for prototyping, developing, and troubleshooting software in the user interface or service layers
- Perform peer reviews on source code to ensure reuse, scalability and the use of best practices
- Work closely with application architects, technical leads, and product owners to gather system requirements
- Create scripts and templates for automatic provisioning of resources
- Monitor consumption of cloud resources, request fulfillment turnaround, application performance, and systems security posture
- Deploy and execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings
- Identify standard cloud services offerings
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Conduct technical reviews with other programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Report any issues with the client stakeholders and UST leadership
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, Engineering or related field
- Over 6 plus years of hands-on experience in developing approbations using Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Microservices
- 2 years of hands-on experience with Cloud computing technologies in ====P, Google BigQuery
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Oracle/MS SQL, No SQL, PostgreSQL databases
- Experience working in API development – both REST and SOAP
- Prior experience in migrating legacy data warehouse and on-prem data to Cloud
- Drive automation and self-service throughout the Agile/DevOps development process
- Prior experience developing ELT or ETL workflows
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems in on-premisedata center environments to Cloud.
- Strong understanding of Java best practices, system scalability, and performance tuning
- Should have excellent design and coding skills and a passion for building highly-scalable applications using open source frameworks for cloud native technologies.
- Solid understanding of agile software development methodologies
- Experience in OAuth implementations
- Prior experience working in any data migration projects (from on-prem to Cloud) is an advantage.