Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Java, J2EE Lead Software Engineer, Vice President
Remote possibility, within the MUFG operating locations.
Looking for an experienced Lead Developer with full Java/J2EE stack responsible for leading the projects to develop, maintain and implement complex integration solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating independently designed applications within and across the core enterprise systems.
Works with business and operations staff to define framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
This Position Reports to: Systems Manager
- Responsible for leading a team of staff to design and deploy complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems.
- Conceive, plan and implement original approaches to solve complex problems of diverse scope.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
- Lead projects following the bank SDLC process to work closely with business, operations and other teams to implement solutions including vendor products ensuring that all deliverables meet expectations.
- Align the solutions with the platform strategy. Advocate for agile practices to increase delivery agility. Create, maintain and ensure consistency to develop, maintain and testing standards.
- Engage with multiple technology teams including infrastructure, middleware, network, system admin, enterprise architecture and security to design, develop and deploy the solutions
- Formulates system scope and objectives. Evaluates software and system problems and recommends system improvements, new applications and develops plans to improve service
- Provides conceptual guidance to other developers and team members
- Diagnose production issues, design and create remediation, and work with Production Support to test and deploy fixes
- Provide application support; diagnose production issues to come up with remediation to test and deploy fixes
- Performs systems design and analysis, documentation, develops codes as necessary and test to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components.
- Works on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff and may be technical leader of advanced or complex projects.
- Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team.
- Provides technical work guidance or mentoring. May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
- Provide project status update to management.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Full stack Java/J2EE developer lead with expertise in using high performance web-based applications
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Financial Services Industry is preferred
- Strong leadership skills to gain credibility with various business leaders and stakeholders
- Strong personal ownership and commitment to quality.
- Ability to make complex IT decisions.
- Proven understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to embrace modern architecture paradigms to maximize architectural agility. Shown ability to validate architectural decisions to obtain accurate feedback
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Works with other IT groups to ensure solid cross-functional decisions are made as a team.
- Possesses expertise in process and data modeling, architectural development methodologies, IT planning methodologies and extensive knowledge of the enterprise's business and decision-making processes.
- Preferred Cloud platform experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses. Department: