Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Project: Risk Scoring
Position: Senior Programmer Analyst (Java, Kafka and DROOL)
Looking for a Strong Core Java developer with good Kafka experience to help build a risk coding engine in a centralized repository.
Must have good experience working with MQ's, high volume data flows
Must have experience with implementing at least one scaled up project using Kafka, and "streaming message " experience (if they dont have this they are not strong enough).
Must have end to end development experience using Core Java.
Would like to have at the minimum an intermediate understanding of spark framework and/or Scala
• Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
• Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
• Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
• Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
• Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
• Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
• Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
• Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
• 5+ years' experience in full stack software development.
• 3+ years of experience data integration
• 3+ years of hands on experience with Java or Scala with strong SQL background.
• 3+ years of hands on Kafka/Confluent/Data Streaming development/operational platform experience
• Experience in working in with Kafka connectors, Producer and consumer APIs
• Strong hands on expertise in debugging and fixing streaming jobs by looking debug logs and configuration tuning.
• Strong understanding of Kafka architecture including offset management, partition strategy and DR requirements
• Good understanding of Kafka Security with Kerberos.
• Good understanding of Streaming message delivery semantics.
• Good understanding of Spark framework
• Experience in developing micro services using spring boot
• Strong understanding of streaming message formats like avro and streaming semantics.
• Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Please see our complete list of jobs at: