Job Title: Senior Java Lead/Architect
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: Long Term
In this role, you’ll use your experience with Java, Spring, Message Queues, Rules, Fast Data, Streaming & Big Data technologies to work side-by-side with product owners and Agile team members in building our next generation of big data capabilities.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 7+ Years experience in Application development
- At least 7+ Years experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, JMS and Java related build and deployment tools and technologies.
- At least 1 Year experience working with Big Data Technologies such as Apache Storm, Apache Spark and Kafka.
- At least 1 Year experience working with PostgreSQL.
- Basic knowledge in Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Basic knowledge with In Memory Data Grid solutions such as Apache Geode or Hazelcast.
- Basic knowledge with rules engines such as Drools
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 8+ Years experience in Application development
- At least 8+ Years experience in Java, Unix, PostgreSQL and/or SQL Server
- At least 3 Years experience in COTS products with strong skills interacting with the vendor
- At least 4 Years experience in DBMS such as Oracle, SQL server, SQL scripting, tuning and scheduling.
- Area-dependent developer certification (e.g. Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer, application vendor-specific certification).
- At least 1 year AWS Cloud experience
The job requires at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Systems, Information Technology or in a directly related field.