HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions Inc. (HII-MDIS) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-MDIS has an opening for a Java Principal Developer located in Fairfax, VA. The position is a part of the USPS PostalOne! Applications development team, which is responsible for developing and maintaining applications to support the business functions of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following)
- Provide technical and development expertise and mentorship to senior software developers for ongoing enterprise Cloud application development using Microservices architecture and Web-based development projects.
- Support strategic business development efforts to deliver innovative Cloud based solutions that address the clients most challenging business, technology, and system integration needs.
- Lead service specification and application integration in a multiple application environment to enable interoperability across the enterprise.
- Maintain responsibility for managing, designing, and developing solutions following best practices and formal methodologies and architectures.
- Perform evaluations of tools and solutions, make rational design decisions from business and technical perspectives, and communicate recommendations to clients.
- Participate in internal, cross-team, and client engagements in the strategic analysis, planning, and execution of IT-enabled business solutions.
- Lead and interface directly with the government client, as necessary in the execution of duties.
- Develop strong client relationships through the delivery of high-quality work, demonstrate the ability to design the right solution to meet their needs, build relationships with colleagues and other teams, and create value for client organizations through excellent client service and project delivery.
- Understands, works with, and creates complex software application architectures
- Coordinates with application developers, managers, and customer application experts to ensure that required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features and to communicate architectural designs and standards
- Develops and designs complex multi-tier web applications; determines project requirements and functional specifications to ensure that client specifications are met
- Defines and approves application standards and specifications; provides oversight for definition of product content to ensure that appropriate parties are kept informed of client and company requirements and policies
- Designs application modules that work together to produce desired products. Ensures that completed modules provide all functionality described by application experts to ensure that performance guidelines are met
- Provides analysis and designs to other members in the team to avoid duplication of efforts in solving the same application problem with different products
- Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel
- Evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company s products
- Updates Agile status tools like VersionOne and ALM
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of experience (focus in technical field a plus, for example: engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field) plus at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Strong understanding and experience with Microservices architecture, development of Cloud Native applications and event driven/choreography style application architecture.
- Strong Experience with designing and building applications deployed on the Cloud using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, JPA, RESTful API s and other popular open source frameworks.
- Experience with common development GIT, Maven, Gradle, SonarQube, Flyway/Liquibase
- Proficiency in programming languages: Java (Must have), Python
- UI/UX technologies: React.js, RESTful Web Services
- XML technologies: JSON, XML, XSLT, XSD, XPath, XQuery
- Experience with Databases: Databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Exposure to various OS platforms: Linux (Red Hat), Windows
- Testing: unit testing, automated acceptance testing, performance testing.
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps software development environment/principles/culture.
- 6 years of experience with technology delivery and leadership, including custom development, COTS implementation, and system integration.
- 6 years of experience with Java Development, including JEE/J2EE technologies, such as Spring, JPA, Hibernate.
- 4 years of experience with application and Web Server technologies, including WebSphere Application Server/Wildfly, JMS/MQ s
- Knowledge of applying SOA and distributed computing standards and technologies, including Web services and defining, developing, and implementing XML/JSON-based specifications and artifacts, including WSDL, XSD, SOAP, JSON
- Ability to think critically and analytically in an enterprise architecture environment and to lead and mentor junior staff
- Experience using VersionOne and HP ALM or comparable Agile tools.
- Experience with development automation/DevOps tools: Docker, Redhat OpenShift, Gitlab, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with Databases: NoSQL Databases
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team, and with other vendors across the organization
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Passionate for new technologies and eager to learn
- Strong listening skills, to understand all opinions & aspects
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Ability to translate information, develop insights, and work alongside clients at client sites
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Possession of excellent leadership, analysis, data gathering, coordination, and management skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- USPS Sensitive Clearance must be a US Citizen or have a Green Card and have been living in the US for five years.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
See Job Description