Java Scala Developer
Location – NYC, NY
Must have: JAVA, JAVA SCRIPT and Python though the client says he is more interested in candidates who resumes have experience with Scala and will most certainly interview these candidates.
We work in a dynamic environment and expect new joiners to be flexible, self-sufficient and learn our business, our data and our technology stack with minimal supervision. They will lead the push for horizontally scalable, high performance applications. 10+ years of Java, Python (or similar) programming, Scala is a big plus
- Heavy background in Markets Reference Data Platforms strongly desired
- Exposure to an Agile Reference Data development environment with use of Jira
- Self Starter with the ability to prioritize development pertaining to Reference Data infrastructure
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner – willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus
- Experience with search technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus - Ability to work independently – take nothing for granted, ask questions, learn the business, desire to understand not only what to do, but also why.
- Scala knowledge or experience (or demonstrated desire to learn on their own)
- Deep, hands-on knowledge and experience in building applications, end to end, in Java, Python or C++.
- Knowledge/experience in reference data (client or product)
Talent Acquisition – Synechron
Accelerating Digital for Banks, Asset Managers, and Insurance companies.
Headquartered in New York and with 18 offices around the world, Synechron is working to Accelerate Digital initiatives for banks, asset managers, and insurance companies around the world. Synechron uniquely delivers these firms an end-to-end Digital, Consulting and Technology capabilities with expertise in capital markets, wealth management and insurance as well as emerging technologies like Blockchain, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. This has helped the company to grow to $500+ million in annual revenue and 8,000 employees, and we’re continuing to invest in research and development in the form of Accelerators (prototype applications) developed in our global Financial Innovation Labs (FinLabs). For more information please visit the our company website.
Synechron's complete spectrum of Digital, Business Consulting, and Technology services include:
• Technology Consulting
• Systems Integration
• Application Development & Maintenance
• Enterprise Architecture & Cloud
• Quality Assurance
• Data & Analytics
• IT and Database Support
• Microservices and API Development
• Business Process Management
• Enterprise Strategy, Architecture and Transformation
• Client Experience and Lifecycle Management
• Data Science, Engineering and Governance
• Regulatory Change and Compliance
• Finance and Risk Transformation
• Innovation Management
• Program Management Services
• Experience Design
• Deployment and DevOps
• Emerging Technology Frameworks