Why Join Altec?
If you-re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there-s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That-s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that-s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Codes Java software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
Responsible for designing and developing software applications, unit testing, debugging new and/or existing software, performance tuning and optimization of existing systems
* Complete complex programming solutions
* Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
* Write technical documentation
* Reviewing current systems
* Provide user support to associates
* Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
* Ensure appropriate software testing is defined and performed
* Remain highly adaptable
* Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* College degree in MIS, Information Science, or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience required
* Advanced experience programming for ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
* Project Management experience
* Minimum of 2 years programming experience with Oracle tools: SQL, Java, Spring, Angular, PL/SQL, forms, OA Framework, etc.
* Current valid Driver-s License
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.