CBO - Solution Specialist- USDC
Java Software Development Engineer in Test
Gilbert, AZ Location Only
Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s (Must have at least 3 years of residency)
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you will do/Responsibilities
The Software Development Engineer in Test is a software engineer specializing in the development of tools and applications that facilitate the automated test execution of a test cases for a client's systems. In this role resources will develop and deliver custom applications that directly interface with client systems under test, tools that automate time-intensive manual tasks such as test data generation, and back-end integrations of approved third-party test automation tools to directly support the automation efforts of the client and organization. This role is highly technical and requires training and work experience in developing custom tools and applications using Java, VBA, and SQL.
• Ability to research and develop solutions unassisted
• Development and maintenance of custom Java test automation applications and data creation tools
• Training internal (Deloitte) testers in the use of developed automations and tools
• Performing review and analysis of prior tools to extract design requirements and criteria
• Contributing to each section of the Software Development Lifecycle as directed by team lead
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• 2+ years of experience of Java development with focus on API design
• 2+ years of experience with RESTful API and SOAP protocol
• 1+ years of experience developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) using Java
• 1+ years of experience with SQL, PostGreSQL, or other relational database languages
• 1+ years of experience performing in an AGILE environment
• Experience with IBM Rational Tools (RQM, RFT and RTC or industry equivalent)
• Experience with Junit and Maven
• Experience with Oracle Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API
• ***Must be eligible to obtain US Government Public Trust clearance***
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work within a project team with diverse technical skill sets
• Ability to establish and manage priorities
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Ability to identify risks & issues to the progress of development
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.