Solidus is searching for a Software Engineer to join a team that develops artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms, technologies, and systems for extracting information from multimedia data. R&D efforts include speech recognition, language identification, word and topic spotting, text classification, and extraction of entities, links, and events from both text and speech. The team emphasizes AI, machine learning, technology transition to government in operational environments, and technology evaluation with operationally relevant metrics and datasets.
The group has created several analytics based on this R&D to support real-world needs and growing user communities. This role will be assisting with the integration of these analytics into robust software prototypes.
- Assist with the refinement of existing advanced analytics and natural language processing prototypes into stable and robust products.
- Assist with the transition of existing components into a standardized architecture for large-scale distributed systems.
- Develop simple user interfaces to showcase analytical prototypes.
- Write clean, stable, efficient, and scalable code with automated testing.
- Modify existing components to support new requirements and resolve defects.
- Support all phases of software development to include planning, design, development, test, and release.
Initial specific tasks may include:
- Generate a report to display results of software that prioritizes content for transmitting media over a low-bandwidth connection.
- Develop plug-ins to integrate software prototypes into sponsor systems.
- Assist with the integration of existing HLT analytics into a new architecture based on the Hortonworks and Elastic stacks.
- Assist with the development of software that utilizes modern frameworks such as Kafka and Nifi.
- Maintain and extend build infrastructure to include continuous integration.
- Augment unit and integration tests to provide greater confidence in releases.
- U.S. Citizenship and able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- BS plus 1 year minimum relevant experience.
- Minimum 1 year of software design, development, and test experience.
- Strong proficiency in Java
- Strong software engineering skills with experience in object-oriented programming, software design patterns, and concurrent programming.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Developing cross-platform software to run on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Use of git, GitHub, and Jira.
- Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, and test-driven development methodologies.
- Must be comfortable working as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred skills include proficiency with the following :
- Python and C#.
- Hortonworks stack, HDFS, and frameworks such as Kafka, Spark, and NiFi.
- ElasticSearch and Kibana.
- NoSQL databases or graph databases such as Neo4j.
- Continuous integration practices, including automated build, test, and analysis.
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.