About this role
BlackRock Aladdin Product Group (APG) is seeking developers who can engineer solutions & provide software framework that will increase reliability of software releases. This role will be responsible for all aspects of tools development, testing and ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture by harnessing modern development technologies
We are looking for individuals who care passionately about quality and know how to consistently exceed customer quality expectations
The candidate will have the opportunity to design and develop new capabilities and engage with multiple development teams and partners across the Aladdin Product Group.
- Design and develop solutions to enhance APG development and QA team productivity throughout the software development life cycle.
- Implement and maintain the next generation of production grade software tools & framework that would reduce the effort and improve the stability of test software
- Implement continuous integration practices to ensure successful deployment and increased efficiency
- Collaborate with other teams (Development, Quality Assurance, Operations) to determine possible solutions for particular problems and issues
- 3 + years of Hands-on experience in Java
- 3 + years of industry experience in software development and software architecture. Financial sector preferred.
- Strong Object-Oriented Development experience building distributed applications
- Hands on experience working with databases like MS SQL, SYBASE, and Cassandra. Sybase experience preferred.
- Experience in developing distributed software systems using NOSQL technologies such as Cassandra, HBase or React.
- Experience supporting UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Experience following SDLC and working with global project teams
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
BlackRock s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.