Our client, a Fortune 100 company in the financial space, is looking to bring on multiple Java software engineers to work on their flagship consumer application. You'll get to work with and learn a modern tech stack, including Kotlin or Golang. This is a flagship platform, critical for their global consumer-base and millions of transactions a day.
This team is mainly responsible for backend API development as they continue their transition from monolithic architecture to cloud-native microservices. The ideal candidate brings solid core Java experience on high-transaction applications to build REST APIs in a collaborative and test-driven development methodology.
This is a 100% remote position.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years professionally as a Software Engineer using Java 8 or higher
- Experience with Java as an object-oriented language for REST API development
- Experience in a collaborative, Agile team
- Knowledge/experience with Spring or similar web framework
- Fundamentals in design patterns and data structures
- Experience with databases - SQL and/or noSQL
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to translate business-level requirements into workable technical solutions
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or similar, technical field
- Previous work building public-facing and large-scale / high-transaction applications
- Knowledge/experience with Apache tools like Kafka, Camel, Spark, etc.
- Asynchronous programming
- Microservices development (SpringBoot)
- Client side frameworks like React or similar
- Knowledge/experience with test automation tools and TDD methods
- Knowledge/experience with automated CI/CD
- AWS, Openshift or other cloud platforms
- Competitive Pay: Up to $135K, DOE
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with high employer matching
- Parental Leave
- And much more