Our team is working towards building software to support services those drive contextual content on the customer as well as partner facing website across multiple travel booking engines. Ideal candidate will work on software solutions that use cutting edge technologies such as machine learning (ML), third party data management etc. to build our client s customer experience solutions.
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE) on the team, you will work closely with engineering, product teams and UX designers to understand requirements, research/document the technological criteria necessary to meet those requirements, and ensure rollouts are delivered with the committed features.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- You will lead the design and implementation of high performance, scalable, robust and reliable sever applications that support key initiatives of our client.
- You will translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- You will prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- You will provide code reviews to assess overcall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object oriented programming techniques.
- You will drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- You will write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- You will work closely with other talented developers both local and in various other offices of our client around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure excellent product quality.
- You will support live-site operations as needed as part of our DevOps approach.
- You will serve as a technical leader within the organization.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in software development with shipping large, cross-functional projects in a global internet service environment.
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java and its associated technology stacks such as Spring.
- Experience building web services in the cloud, particularly with AWS solutions.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, SOA (service oriented architecture), domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems
- Experience in agile/scrum teams, and a track record of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and other NoSQL solutions.
- Experience with C++, Templates and Boost libraries a bonus.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test strategies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.