|Solidus is searching for Software Engineer with expertise in Java to support the research and development of large scale open architecture distributed / cloud-based data processing, analysis, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects utilizing agile development methodology. |
The successful candidate will join a group that defines and implements advanced architectures for real-time embedded processing, avionics, and command and control systems. Open architecture efforts enable the flexible composition of sensors, processing systems, avionics systems, ground stations and command centers to provide necessary warfighting capabilities in a timely manner.
Work will utilize agile development methodology. The candidates must be experienced in software design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Work will be executed primarily in Java in a mixed Windows/Linux environment using open source and custom software stacks.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance; Active Secret a plus
- Candidates with a range of education (BS, MS and PhD) and experience (1-8+ Years) will be considered;
- Expertise with Java development, tools and common design patterns
- Strong object-oriented development skills
- Strong SOA based development skills
- Experience developing distributed and cloud-based systems and services
- Experience developing RESTful and/or SOAP based web services
- Experience developing API for databases (SQL, non-SQL)
- Web application server development using Tomcat or other servlet containers
- XML technologies including XSDs, XPATH, XSLT
- Experience with modern development tools such as Eclipse, maven, git, github, JIRA, Jenkins, Gradle, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience in applying skills in innovative, cutting edge applications
- Work well with in a fast moving, small team environment
- Experience in innovative applications is especially useful
- Experience with C++ and Python is a plus
- Experience developing scalable architectures in a cloud environment
- Experience with commercial cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of full software lifecycle automation and testing tools
- Expertise in high performance multi-threaded applications
- Experience with at least one NOSQL database technology
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HBASE
- Familiarity with standard SQL databases and JDBC
- Familiarity with AI/machine learning libraries, software stacks and applications
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems, including shell scripting
- Expertise in modern software design patterns and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.)
- Securing distributed services using PKI methodologies
- Existing DoD security clearance a plus.
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm