Solidus is searching for a Java Software Developer.
The successful candidate will join a group that develops and demonstrates tactically-relevant space situational awareness systems in support of space control. The group focuses on the techniques, operational concepts, and advanced sensor systems that are needed to obtain timely and predictive information about space objects.
- Work on the creation, testing, and updating of software infrastructure and user interfaces; Includes background processes, web services and uses data messaging between various databases and processing algorithms
- Incorporate web UIs provide the interface to the data for analysis and operations.
- Design interactions between modules
- Design the components themselves
- Understand the algorithms currently in use for orbital analysis
- Work with other developers to enable a resilient & capable software infrastructure for data processing algorithms used by operators and analysts
- ship and the ability to obtain a DoD Clearance
- BS plus 5 years of software design and development experience OR MS and 3 years of experience
- Experience with Java
- Experience with application services (nodeJS, Karaf, etc)
- Experience with FORTRAN
- Experience with relational database and SQL skills
- Experience with relational data design and modeling concepts
- Experience with common developer tools (Maven, Eclipse, Subversion, Ant, TeamForge, Git, etc)
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Must be team oriented, and must be able to work independently and with team members
- Must have good communication, documentation, and problem solving skills
- Able to develop an understanding of all the components of the system, the interactions between the components, and the data flowing through the system
- Degree in Math, Physics, or Astronomy
- Familiarity with distributed system architectures and concurrent programming techniques
- Familiarity with Spring
- Familiarity with Object Oriented programming methodologies
- Familiarity with full-lifecycle Java application development
- Experience with Camel
- Experience with Restful Services
- Experience with messaging systems (ActiveMQ, Kafka)
Req ID - 3915
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.