We are currently hiring for a collaborative team-oriented Java Software Engineer (Staff & Senior)!
In this role,you will be part of the Value Added Services (VAS) Dispute Management Solutions team responsible for supporting the development of Verifi'sB2B SaaS products and applications housed in our secure physical data center.
VAS is focused on executing the Visa merchant strategy, building deeper merchant and acquirer relationships, and increasing total merchant value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.Come join the largest payments technology network in the world!You will be responsible for: Developing, testing, and documenting software programs Appling the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products Supporting and/or installs software applications/operating systems Participating in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software Performing code reviews to verify changes meet development requirements and deploying and staging code in development environments Developing database queries, or code that generates queries and fixes bugs found in existing codebases Contributing to authoring large project deployment procedures Developing large applications independently and designing multi-tier solutions Producing highly scalable, high performing applications Helping preserve goals and business requirements You bring to the table:
Position is located in the Austin area and offers:
- BS in Computer Science or related field, plus 7+ years related experience or any combination of education and experience, which would be provide an equivalent background.
- Desire to work with and share new and innovative ideas, constantly expanding your knowledge
- Analytical, strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to work on complex technical and business problems while creative solutions
- The following required technical experience:
- Strong experience with Core Java and Java web application development for RESTful web services
- Strong OOP Design Skills and experience with design patterns
- Ability to understand and author APIs
- Strong knowledge w/ Spring Framework and Build Tools, such as Maven
- Practice inTest-driven Development
- Knowledge of Docker and Kafka
- Highly preferred experience, but not required:
- Experience with Jenkins, K8 (Kubernetes and Helm) and CI/CD
- Working with Checkmarx, Qualys, Aqua and similar code/system scanners and remediation for security focused development
- Good understanding of database replication, clustering, and other high availability & scalability designs for the database tier
- Reactive programming
- Identity and access management
- Experience with high availability and scaling
- Competitive Base Salary, plus generous performance-based bonus
- Hybrid work environment (In office 2 days a week)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and much more www.benefitsource.visa.com
- 401k w/ 2:1 match (up to 10%)
- Paid Time Off (21 days) & Paid Holidays (12 days + 1 Floating)
- Generous Parental & Personal Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program & Long-Term Incentive Program
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company with 2 days Volunteer Time Off
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
* Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Return to Verifi, Inc.