Job Title- Java Software Engineer
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Full time
The Role / Responsibilities:
Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities, with the occasional guidance of more senior team members:
• Interpret business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts.
• Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
• Author technical design documents.
• Take ownership of stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
• Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
• Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with these standards.
• Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
• Collaborate with a build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environmental issues.
• Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
• Maintain technical documents.
• Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from the technical perspective.
• Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
• Mentor more junior engineers.
• Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge in or across teams.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Master’s degree is a plus.
• Deep understanding of Object Oriented design and development
• 5-6 years of professional software design and development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
• Hands on experience in building web applications/components using Java, Spring/MVC, Hibernate, MyBatis
• Good experience in building RESTful services using SOA architecture or any similar framework via API gateways.
• Ability to build responsive/user-friendly single-page web applications
• Strong experience in working on RDBMS technologies like Oracle or SQL Server and familiarity with BigData/NoSQL platforms like Apache Spark/Cassandra/HBase
• Familiarity with front ends build tools like node, npm, gulp, grunt and unit testing/mocking frameworks.
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
• Strong understanding of Agile SDLC methodology and continuous integration platforms
• Excellent verbal and communication skills in English and ability to communicate technical concepts
• Passion for new technologies, services and open source technologies
• Positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity
• Competent in Others: Jira, Rally, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
• Experience in building applications and automation tools in the cloud platform (AWS/Azure)
• Experience in any container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
• Comfortable developing on either Windows or Linux operating system
• Knowledge of any identity access platform (IAM) or integration with any single sign-on (SSO) platform is preferred
Thanks & Regards