Our client is a global investment bank located in NNJ and they are building our a brand new campus.
They are in need of (6) Team or Tech Leads w the following background:
Team Leadership, Project Leadership, Application Architecture, Application Development – Server Side Java for distributed, multi-threaded large scale systems.
Cloud - AWS or any other cloud technology.
AI – They are also seeking AI experience/knowledge, but it’s NOT mandatory. They either want someone who’s strong in Cloud or AI or Both.
Strong communication skills – They stressed they want someone who is very articulate to handle a lot of direct communication with senior members of the firm.
Sr Java Dev/Architect, Team and Project Leader – Whippany – 419
Java / Cloud / AI for Fraud Technology
Target Experience Level: 10+ years
Large Corporate Company in Whippany NJ is seeking Senior Level Hand’s-On Team/Project Leaders to be part of an organization responsible for building the firm’s Fraud Technology. This will be a hands on role involving extensive Java Application Architecture and Development. Will be part of a large-scale initiative to completely re-engineer, re-design, re-develop 3 key components to the fraud platform including 1) The Fraud Detection Platform with AI capabilities; 2) Fraud Case Management Platform with Cloud functionality and 3) The Fraud Verification Platform with Cloud Functionality. Will be part of 20 member local Fraud Technology team consisting of PM’s, Engineers, Developers etc which is part of a larger, global team.
The client is seeking senior Java Developers / Architects who have built major, commercial/industrial strength systems that process/handle many transactions. Experience building Fraud or related software systems is a plus but not required. The focus will be Server-Side Java Development with Threading and Microservices. Additionally, the candidates must have experience with EITHER some Artificial Technology (AI) OR Cloud technology, preferably Amazon AWS, but Azure and other Cloud technology is okay. Additionally, the right person must have excellent communication skills for interfacing with senior members of firm.
Interview process: Phone/Skype with Emergent365, Phone Int w/ Client, Java Code Test at home, Onsite Interview.
As a Senior Java Developer / Architect you’ll be part of the Fraud Technology team which is accountable for evaluating and preventing potential fraudulent situations through call and case management in order to ascertain if the situations meets Fraud criteria. Fraud Agents evaluate claims and ask probing/challenging questions to classify the fraud risk, including identifying claims by potential perpetrators, and determine the actual fraud type that the claim falls within. In addition, the business monitors performance of fraud to prevent future fraud from occurring on customer’s accounts. These work functions are split between captive and domestic vendor and captive sites.
· Coordinate and designing the decision engine infrastructure, with all impacted parties (technology, line of business, strategy owners, and 3rd party vendors)
· Continual review of credit risk technical environments, & processes, identifying and progressing, enhancements consistently across Portfolio’s which can improve speed, cost, and quality
· Provide coaching and support/knowledge transfer with a view to having zero Single Point of Failure
· Proactively identify opportunities to improve working procedures/practices for the team and are applied consistently across portfolios
· Ensuring engineering activities conform to bank standards and policies
· Work with other engineers to ensure the delivered solution meets the defined outcomes
· Manage workload in line with strategic direction and manage priorities set from above
· Supporting Agile working to deliver capability on time and to standards
· Contribute to service transition artifacts on the engineered solutions to enable product deployment
· Demonstrates initiative and competence
· Adapt style to contribute and enhance overall team performance
· Work with Product Owner to ensure delivery within time/cost/quality constraints
· Work with stakeholders to ensure solutions match requirements
· Integrate the team and provide advice and guidance as appropriate to support success of the function
· Drive forward efficiencies and automation within own technology
· Expected to analyze working practices and come up with proactive/innovate solutions that benefit the team
· 10+ years’ experience in Technology
· 5+ years’ experience with leading teams or individuals
· 2+ years of experience working with instant messaging protocols
Additional Skills Preferred:
· Ability to code and unit test own code to a high standard regardless of language
· Linux/Unix, Maven, Java 8, JMS, Multi-Thread, JBOSS EAP, and Micro Services
· Familiarity with Network Technologies
· Experience working with Automation, Bots, & Conversational UIs
· Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
· Must be able to challenge and retain a team of highly technical engineers
· Ability to negotiate and lead small to large scale endeavors
· Must have experience in managing to a large budget
· Self-motivated, passionate, well organized individual with demonstrated problem solving skills