Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6 months with high possibility of extension, based on the performance
- With the number of connected vehicles on the road increasing daily, the amount of data being generated and its significance is also increasing rapidly. The Vehicle Infrastructure & Data Analytics team is looking for passionate and versatile Engineers to support with building robust & secure web-backends for vehicle data collection.
- This position will play a key role of an innovative Big Data Platform for vehicle data processing and advanced analytics. As a Engineer on the team, you will get to build web services that enable dynamic configuration of vehicle modules over-the-air. As part of a larger global interdisciplinary team, you will interact with stakeholders in different countries and make decisions that influence the platform architecture.
- This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative group of engineers creating the next generation big data platform that will be accessed and used by hundreds of people across domains.
- Architect and implement a web service for dynamic vehicle configuration with varying demands of throughput and latency
- Architect and implement vehicle & user-facing REST-APIs
- Secure API access with Single Sign On systems
- Architect SQL databases based on customer requirements and system requirements
- Build integrations with other microservices
- Create means of system auditing
- Ensure quality through unit testing
- Perform in-vehicle integration tests
- Evaluate performance and take steps to optimize parts of the stack and implementation
- 2+ years of experience using SQL development tools
- 2+ years of JAVA programming language experience
- Strong background in building web APIs with Spring Boot
- Hands on experience with Single Sign On systems
- Knowledge of tools for load testing (i.e. jMeter, Gatling)
- A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experienced with test-driven development based on Mockito, Maven & Junit
- Experienced with building user interfaces
- Experience in other major programming languages (e.g. Unix shell scripting, Python, Go, C#, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Important that this individual has the ability to work independently .
- Hackerrank testing
- Onsite interview
Category Name Required Importance Level
Development Tools SQL Yes 1 Expert
Programming Lang Java Yes 1 Expert