Security Clearance: Active SECRET required.
Your work will help developer communities reimagine the capabilities of location-aware software applications that enable real-world improvements in governments and organizations.
You will be part of a team that influences lasting contributions for communities with the web and mobile applications you create.
• Solve and articulate complex problems through application design, product development, and user experiences. Location does matter–you will make it easier for people to visualize their data with location in mind
• Develop software used by people who are not software developers. Ensure the exceptional software you create influences them to be exceptional professionals in their respective fields
• Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
• Leverage the knowledge of your peers to better understand business trends, customer communities, and technology adoption patterns
• Proficiency with additional front-end development technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Node.JS, etc.
• An entrepreneurial awareness of how technology enables excellence within governments and organizations–you need to be interested in why we are developing software, not just how we develop software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Understand the importance of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RAD, RUP) and software design techniques (UML, entity relationship diagramming, use cases, data flow diagramming); know how they impact the quality of your design process, team collaboration, and work product
• Working knowledge of databases such as MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
• Object oriented design skills
• US citizenship
• Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics
• Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
• HTML, REST, iOS, Android, Grunt, Node, AngularJS, MongoDB
• SQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, RDBMS
• Dojo, JQuery
• OpenGL or DirectX
• Web services
• Experience with 2D and 3D data visualization