Why should you join WWT?
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HPE, Dell EMC, NetApp, VMware, Intel, AWS, Microsoft, and F5, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 7,800 people and operates in more than 4+ million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that our CEO Jim Kavanaugh was named by glassdoor as a top CEO during COVID.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- js development experience creating RESTful APIs that can deliver JSON or XML content or development experience using a modern front-end framework such as: React.js, or Angular.
- Experience with transpilation/deployment tools (Babel, Webpack, etc.)
- Experience with the automated build process (continuous integration) and source code version control tools.
- Familiar with data sources such as MongoDB, Redis, MySQL or SQL Server.
- Able to support occasional domestic travel (up to ~10%) in support of project related activities which often include project kickoffs, releases, meetings, and training. Additional travel may be required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel is most often to client sites or to our facilities.
- Passionate about delivering a high-quality user experience.
- Web applications deployed in production a plus.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with cross-platform frameworks such as: React Native or Ionic.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, JSON and XML.
- Familiarity with web technologies, HTML and web scripting languages
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to work with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Highly motivated and dependable with exceptional communication.
- A self-starter that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish individual and team goals.
- Ability to give and receive coaching. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
- Visit our company web page at wwt.com for more information.
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be discussed in the pre-hire process. WWT D&I Statement: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT! Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently AbledWorksite Location: Remote, U.S.A.Compensation: This position offers a base salary of $90,000 - $140,000. Specifics will vary depending on skills, qualifications, education and geographic location.