A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You-ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC-s system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you-ll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you-ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm-s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience :
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT architecture and engineering designs and domains.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Design and architecture of SPA applications and frameworks;
- Mobile application development and deployment;
- Multiple front-end frameworks and libraries (Angular, React, Vue etc);
- Relational and document databases;
- Microservice architecture and distributed processing patterns;
- Project requirements analysis and ability to translate that into software architecture needs;
- Test Driven Development and/or Behavior Driven Development;
- Unit testing in several languages and frameworks;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues such as providing design guidance that follow the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines and understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
- Participating in application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, resolution of technical issues, and application rationalization;
- Collaborating with Solution Architects and Developers to provide technical design guidance that will align with the strategy and applicable technical standards;
- Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs and issues within their technology area;
- Participating in the development of thought leadership to influence their sphere of technology in the use of innovation to advance business capabilities;
- Working within and leading efforts in Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall to support the success of the larger IT organization;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends; and,
- Leveraging business knowledge and interpersonal abilities to build, maintain, and influence relationships with senior leaders in IT and stakeholders.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.