Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Position Summary / Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Java Web Developer to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
This position is for a web developer that has a strong background in creating modern web apps.
Research and analysis of new web technologies.
* Design new NodeJS projects and refactor existing ones.
* Migrate JSP-based web code to React/Webpack
* Strong Expertise with NodeJS, npm/yarn
* Experience with Client-side state management using tools like Redux/Mobx/Others
* Experience with Webpack-dev-server and/or ExpressJS
* Experience with unit testing with MochaJS, exposure to Karma.
* Experience with using modern web development IDEs (Webstorm/Atom)
* Ability to work in a UNIX/Linux environment
* Strong Knowledge with version control using Git
Ability to understand some basic Java/JSP/JSTL code to migrate to React/Webpack
* Bachelor's Degree & minimum 5 years of overall IT related experience or equivalent blend of Education & Experience.
* Clearance - Must pass CBP BI. Must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one.
* Citizenship - Must be a US Citizen.
* Job Location - 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria, VA 22315
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.