Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range
$104,600.00 - $172,500.00Target Openings
1What Is the Opportunity?
As a solution architect with strong leadership skills who is passionate about customer experience and familiar with design thinking practices, you will be responsible for driving transformational change through the architecture of the Commercial Customer journeys for the Bond and Specialty Insurance unit of a global, Dow 30 company.
• Help build the roadmap for our customer journeys.
• Provide architectural strategy and subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas (dependent on knowledge and expertise):
o Design Thinking
o User Experience
o Integration Patterns (APIs, Events)
o Design Patterns
o Domain Driven Design (DDD) and associated techniques (ie Event Storming)
• Provide overall technical leadership for end-to-end solutions.
• Be a key influencer in the evolution of how we deliver business value to our customers.
• Develop guidelines and guardrails to enable teams to be more self-sufficient.
• Help raise up the technical skill level of the teams you support.
• Drive a test and learn mindset through the organization.
YOU should join us if you...
• Are a passionate technology professional who enjoys solving complex puzzles.
• Understand the difference between getting something out to market to learn, vs. delivering a fully hardened production system.
• Are comfortable with ambiguity; creating hypothesis and coming up with efficient and effective ways of proving/disproving them is your everyday way of working.
• Have the desire to be a lifelong learner, enjoy sharing your knowledge by coaching others, and enable others to continuously improve through coaching and mentorship.
• Measure your own success by the success of the team and the satisfaction you bring to our customers.
• Know how to have fun, while getting the job done.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Architecture responsibility within a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of the Bond and Specialty business unit
- Leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
- Hands-on prototyping of new technology solutions
- Partner with Software Engineering to execute proof of technologies
- Provides architecture direction for engineers in support of a technical pattern
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Create a partnership with Software Engineering
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Participates in defining target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Five years of experience in engineering software or analytic applications within a line of business area
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 4+ years of technology Engineering experience
- Organizational experience in an agile operating model
- Established work in proof of concepts and technology
- Strong proven Software Engineering experience
- Supports technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
- Insurance technology experience desired
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
- Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
- Good understanding of security
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email
so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/