Perform data collection from multiple sources, to include the web, law enforcement sensitive client databases, and other resources.Experience should include, but is not limited to, experience in facilitation, training, data collection, data analysis, methodology development and evaluation, process reengineering across all phases, identifying best practices, change modeling, or information system development methods and practices.Gathers data for more senior team members, conducts database, internet and document research, manages team databases and knowledge repositories, drafts process flow diagrams, contributes to project reports, training materials, and other deliverables.Provide analytical support, communications guidance, facilitation services, technical services and functional expertise to support ongoing VSP activities. Support includes a variety of functions related to staff activities, the deployment to new VSP locations and the expansion of the SAO Unit.
- Conduct daily visa applicant screening and vetting utilizing various databases including but not limited to, DHS databases, Department of State databases, DOD systems, and commercially available databases. The process involves an initial screening of visa applications through CCD, UPAX, ATS-P and VSPTS. Any matches will then be further vetted further using other databases.
- Generate subject record entries in DHS databases such as TECS and ATS-P on derogatory information discovered. Any follow-up action or coordination with field agents would be the responsibility of government personnel.
- Perform a range of data collection and analytical services to support decision-making on operations, deployment and implementation of overseas officers, guidance on business processes, operational policies, and strategies in support of VSP and SAO specific mission and goals. These services shall include, but not be limited to, process analysis, statistical analysis, strategic planning, staffing and position analysis, policy analysis, and functional and program design options.
- Process analysis will involve identification of a key business process or set of processes, roles and responsibilities, and documentation and analysis of process attributes. This includes benchmarking or identification of similar business functions at other agencies or organizations or comparative analysis of qualitative data and information. Statistical analysis will involve support of area and geographic footprint analyses, analysis of workload factors, spans-of-control, geographic boundaries, artificial boundaries, positions and staffing and other measures. Statistical analysis includes analysis of key indicators, measures, and priorities.
- Support for the VSP & SAO strategic planning will involve development and planning tasks for implementation or action plans, strategic plans, and other activities required to support the relevant mandates, including the Homeland Security Act. Synthesize collected and existing data, analyze data and present findings to internal and external audiences as appropriate. Develop and recommend streamlined and efficient means of coordinating VSP and SAO issues between operational components within ICE, with other agencies within DHS, or external agencies such as the Department of State, Central Intelligence Agency, or Federal Bureau of Investigation.