Junior Java Developer for U.S. Government Client Envision your future making a difference in our nation.
Preferred Systems Solutions is dedicated to serving the U.S. Federal Government. We develop and deliver innovative solutions to increasingly complex problems.
We are currently seeking Junior Level Java Developers' to support our federal client in Arlington, VA YOUR ROLE As a Junior Level Java Developer supporting our U.S. Government client, you'll:
BENEFITS YOU'LL ENJOY
- Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyze user needs and develops software solutions.
- Design, implement, or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team; utilizes agile development methodologies as part of an inter-disciplinary agile team.
WHAT EMPLOYEES SAY
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company-funded life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Financial rewards for employee referrals
- Tuition and training assistance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- "Exceptional people to work with on a daily basis."
- "Very good pay and organized fun events for employees."
- "[I get] schedule flexibility that allows me to meet my family's needs."
PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer's expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. YOU BRING Skills & Technologies
Java, JavaScritpt, Angular, REST, Spring or Struts. May have need for specialized skills for Business Objects, PHP or Drupal Qualifications
Education: ENGAGE YOUR EXPERTISE Utilize your expertise for the mission ahead.
- 0-2 years' experience in the following:
- Experience with Java or J2EE
- Experience with Restful API development
- Experience with building Web services using technologies, including REST
- Experience with developing Java applications, including Java frameworks such as Spring or Struts 2.0
- JQuery, JSP, Bootstrap, Spring, and Struts 2.0
- Experience with content management systems including Documentum CenterStage
- Experience with SDLC and Agile methodologies
"[This is a] wonderful company to work for and the management truly care about their employees." Clearance Requirement:
"Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required." APPLY NOW