Jr. Product Manager/Owner
Understand customer and user needs to define product requirements for new features, and product improvements, and translate those requirements into well-defined product designs, user stories and acceptance test criteria. Work closely with the product team to answer questions, provide guidance, and facilitate the development lifecycle.
Primary Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Has developed a thorough understanding of Kanban and/or Scrum methodologies.
- Works closely with the Engineering team to define, track and test user stories in the agile software development life cycle.
- Is consistently prepared for all agile ceremonies having done the appropriate amount of research, background understanding and story preparation so that time is not wasted.
- Works closely with the Development managers to refine and consolidate Epics and Stories prior to presenting them to the team.
- Effectively leads and directs all agile ceremonies, ensuring that meetings are effective, and create a cadence in within the team to maximize their productivity, encourage collaboration, and most importantly, create a sense of team ownership of the product.
- Has an advanced level of understanding around mobile and web UI design. Has an advanced level of proficiency with prototyping skills in Visio, Balsamic, Sketch or another vector based drawing program.
- Has the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with internal and external customers as needed for product development.
- As new features are developed, the PM will be expected to train internal teams on product development changes and be the go-to resource for the teams as questions arise
- The ideal candidate will display:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact effectively at all levels, and influence and drive results without direct authority
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, operate effectively in dynamic environment and rigorously prioritize initiatives based on business objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Is coachable and a ‘team player’