Jr. Database Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT.
Contract to Hire: (12 months)
Pay Range: $25.00- $30.00.
Our client is looking for a database analyst which will be responsible for data consolidation, reporting, quality assurance, and ETL (extract, transform, load) processes on databases for biomedical research. Initial responsibilities will include extraction of data from a vendor diagnostic imaging application called Precision Imaging Metrics into a locally developed data hub, called Cancer Clinical Research (CCR), where the analyst will link the imaging data with clinical, biospecimen, and other data on the same cancer patients at our clients. The successful candidate will have experience with relational databases and on coding ETL solutions to move data from one database to another. The candidate must be prepared to work with investigators, project leads, and other key personnel on data collaboration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with customers and developers to gather requirements, and capture and improve processes.
- Write complex SQL queries as needed.
- Develop data migration and ETL programs to port data to/from application databases and application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Work with developers to perform data modeling, design, and development of physical and conceptual models for databases.
- Write code and SQL queries for database modifications and construction including stored procedures.
- Identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams, provide data flow diagrams, and document processes.
- Document new requirements and design or make changes to existing documentation in our Confluence wiki.
- Evaluate and recommend software products that enhance system performance, reporting, and business functionality.
- Work closely with Research Informatics team members acting as hands-on technical backup for support, as well as emergency and on-call back-up.
- Follow and improve departmental standards and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, business information systems, medical informatics, or related field.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Excellent Oracle or SQL Server skills.
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes.
- Experience in a heterogeneous operating system environment (Windows, Linux).
- Experience in computer programming is beneficial but not required.
- Experience in management and processing of DICOM medical images (CT, MRI, PET/CT).
- Experience working in a healthcare environment/ Experience in a medical research setting.
- Experience with JSON and XML for importing of data that comes in these formats.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com