Job Description: Our direct client has an immediate contract to hire opening for a Jr. Software developer skilled in UI/UX front end development. This is an ideal position for a recent Computer Science graduate.
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Developer to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) in Silver Spring, MD OR Asheville, North Carolina.
This position is part of a kanban agile development team supporting the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) effort through NCEI to consolidate its scientific dataset and product search, discovery, and access systems into one web application known as OneStop. This development team works in the context of the broader OneStop project to develop metadata (descriptive documentation) editing tools. The position will:
- Assist in the implementation of a NOAA federal enterprise by improving and connecting existing NCEI? metadata systems.
- Require an experienced professional capable of working with teams across various geographical locations who will be able to quickly establish an understanding of existing NCEI ISO metadata standards and of core systems such as Advanced Tracking and Resource tool for Archive Collections (ATRAC), Send2NCEI (S2N), and the Archive Management System (AMS).
- Experience working on Linux OS platforms as part of a LAMP stack.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working on an agile scrum team.
- Experience with source code written in Groovy, Java with Spring Security.
- Database persistence experience with SQL and SOA for Oracle Database (or similar DBMS) and Java integration with Hibernate and Envers.
- Apache Tomcat webapp performance profiling and optimization a plus.
- Experience with Grails 3, Perl, XML DOM, and XSLT.
- Exposure to development tools such as Intelli-J IDEA, vi, and git.
- Experience with software deployments using Jenkins.
- Automated unit testing.
- Exposure to Atlassian Jira for managing user stories, bug fixes, and other issues a plus.
- Experience with ISO 19115 metadata standards a plus.