Job Description: Our direct client is seeking a contract to hire Jr. Drupal Developer to work in either Silver Spring, MD or Asheville, NC. This is an ideal position for a recent Computer Science graduate with Drupal.
Our direct client is seeking a Web Front-End Designer/Developer to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) in Asheville, North Carolina.
This position is part of an agile scrum development team supporting the NCEI s effort to consolidate its web pages into a modern, unified presence. This development team also works in the context of the broader Data Access Branch (DAB) to assist with the UI/UX for web applications providing search, discovery, and access to scientific datasets and products. The position will:
- Require an experienced professional capable of working with teams across various geographical locations who will be able to gather UI/UX requirements and either directly implement them in the Drupal CMS, or provide mockup documentation as usability guidelines for other development teams to implement.
- Full-stack Drupal 7 and 8 experience (Drupal 8 a plus)
- Experience designing, marking up, and styling page templates in Drupal
- Ability to produce modern responsive designs and user-friendly interfaces
- Experience creating designs within branding guidelines and style guides
- Experience working with and producing sitemaps, wireframes, visual design comps
- Experience with front-end development writing HTML/CSS by hand
- Proficient in graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator or Gimp/Inkscape)
- Familiarity with 508c/WCAG compliance and accessibility
- Comfortable working with the command line within a LAMP stack environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, and PHP)
- Familiar with Bash scripting
- Familiar with version control systems (preferably Git) in a team environment
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in a small team of developers
- Skilled at collaborating with other teams and outside partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A professional, yet personable, demeanor
- Experience designing and theming using Drupal 8 Twig framework
- Experience with Composer
- Understanding of SEO