*Only W2 candidates will be considered for this position*
Our Client currently has 3 openings, 1 Jr. and 2 mid-level, for an Embedded C Developer with experience in Linux and either Yocto or RDK.
Currently remote, however they are planning to return to offices around September. At which point, would need to report onsite in Sunnyvale, CA.
This is a W2 hourly position with a pay range of $40-$45/hr for the Jr opening and $68-$75/hr for the Mid-level position. The role is targeted for extension through 2022.
· Contribute to teams responsible for designing, developing, trialing, and deploying system software to run technologically-advanced devices such as video set-top boxes, media clients, and broadband gateways, to enable Comcast to provide integrated services such as TV, Voice, and Internet on these devices
· Utilize Agile development methodologies to design and develop software for the RDK software stack, including utilizing Build tools and services such as YOCTO Build Framework, LINUX, and C, Python, and Shell scripts
· utilize knowledge of network protocols, including TCP/IP and UDP; triage issues, gather information, and analyze logs
· collaborate with various teams to integrate software solutions and guide developers and test teams
· ensure software features are working as designed, while meeting security and quality requirements
· support a Continuous Integration paradigm
· act as the primary point of contact to the specific devices under development and interface with peripheral teams, including outside partners, to ensure that the devices are deployed in a timely manner
· integrate code components from partners and Open Source; coordinate releases
· coordinate with associated test teams
· document code product and procedures
· create development plans from product requirements
· support continuous improvement of the development process.
· Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
· two (2) years of experience utilizing Agile methodologies to design and develop software for the RDK software stack
· utilizing Build tools and services such as YOCTO Build Framework, LINUX, and C, Python, and Shell scripts
· utilizing network protocols, including TCP/IP and UDP.