Description Job Requisition:
Jr. Engineer Security - Clearance SponsorshipJob Description:Leidos is only considering candidates local to the Maryland/DC/Virginia metropolitan areas.
The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group in Columbia, MD has a clearance sponsorship career opportunity. Eligible candidates for this opportunity will either already have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or actively be pursuing one. Current juniors and rising seniors are encouraged to apply.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
Upon obtaining the required engineering degree and security clearance, the Junior Engineer will then support a 24x7 customer processing system, focusing on system integration, test, troubleshooting and maintenance. The Junior Engineer will also support system operations, upgrade and deployment activities. This position is part of an on the job training program where the Jr. Engineer will learn SIGINT Systems Engineering.
- Perform full lifecycle support to the customer on complex data systems and networks.
- Provide solutions to the customer applying expertise with systems engineering and networks/components to support.
- Provide technical guidance to the customer in relation to SIGINT systems.
- Candidate must be able to support rotating 12 hour shifts (days, evenings, and nights) on regular days, weekends and holidays.
External Referral Bonus:
- Completing a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree graduating in May or December 2020.
- Position is contingent on obtaining required security clearance and Bachelors Degree in the above mentioned engineering disciplines.
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship required per clearance requirement.
- Leidos is only considering candidates local to the Maryland/DC/Virginia metropolitan areas.
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.