The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Basic Qualifications: • Two (2) years of applicable experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Four (4) additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
• Ability to analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Ability to design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Ability to debug existing software and correct defects.
The following are preferred qualifications:
• Java Development
• Spring Framework Experience
• AngularJS Framework Experience
• Web Application Development
• An interest and/or ability to develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.