HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions Inc. (HII-MDIS) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII - MDIS is currently seeking a Jr. Software Engineerto work out of their client's Merrifield, VA office.
Duties and Responsibilities(to include but not be limited to the following):
- Prepare test plans and procedures to evaluate software enhancements of image processing systems.
- Develop software script programs to collect performance data from the field systems and prepare reports.
- Develop software for simulators and other testing tools for testing the system software. Configure routers and switches in the lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree or 6 years of professional experience or a combination of education and professional experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to formulate and document detailed test plans and reports for the systems in comprehensive, quantitative and qualitative terms appropriate for comparative analysis
- Knowledge of script programming for data mining and manipulation of data for preparing reports.
- Experience or a working knowledge of operating systems like Linux. Linux system management is preferred.
- Experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, C, C++, C# or ASP.NET with the ability to discuss the fundamental concepts of programming such as Object Oriented programming.
- Experience in one or more types of database software, MySQL and SQL server are preferred.
- Working knowledge of the basic principles of business information systems hardware, software, development tools, techniques, and concepts
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and have been livingin the U.S. for at least the last five years
- Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last fiveyears
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
See Job Description