Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combining governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy is currently seeking a confident, creative, Technical Writer to provide onsite support to our government client in Washington, DC. We are in need of a self-starter that can adjust to changing process and deliver quality documentation on a short turnaround.
* Prepare and distribute materials for Review Board Meetings in MS SharePoint
* Attend meetings, conduct roll call, and record/distribute meeting minutes
* Create and maintain organized, detailed records of meeting decisions for future reference
* Update process documentation and standard operating procedures
* Edit and maintain lists in SharePoint; record change request status updates for entire organization
* Develop statistics, reports, and pie charts using MS Excel and Access.
* Review, proofread or edit complex or technical writing of others
* Prepare flow charts, graphs and related explanatory materials that may be included in documents or online help systems
* Translate technical terminology into a narrative more easily understood by a nontechnical audience
* Establish and maintain ongoing working relationships with management, other employees, internal or external stakeholders and customers
* Perform other writing tasks such as writing text about the organization to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to communications
* Use a variety of graphics software applications, tools and techniques to support the organization's strategies and goals by designing graphic elements for web pages
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* 2+ years of technical writing experience
* Ability to manage workload/priorities with minimal supervision while respecting company initiatives
* Interviewing skills to collect data and clarify information to write documentation for both technical and business audiences
* Ability to translate technical language into plain language
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree in English, Computer Science or Information Systems
* Customer oriented with helpdesk background
* Quick learner
* Experience drafting official/professional communications
* Understanding of IT and/or information security/privacy
* Demonstrable writing skills, including relevant samples
* Familiarity with the following:
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Process and flowcharts
* Graphics and Diagramming Software (e.g. Visio)
* Motivated and able to work proficiently in a team environment and independently
* Strong communication skills with internal team members and business stakeholders
* Strong initiative for solution, system and process improvements
* Ability to adapt quickly to an existing complex environment
* Prior experience supporting a government agency
Clearance Required: US Citizen - Must be able to obtain a "Public Trust" level
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability